- 00385 1 3330 801
- Stari Hrast 53 Rakitje, Bestovje 10437, Croatia
Area of Responsibility
The Director acts as the official representative of RACVIAC. He/she is responsible for the direction and control of all the elements of operation of RACVIAC. He/she tasks all personnel attached or assigned to RACVIAC within the limits of RACVIAC SOPs and relevant explicit national regulations, to fulfil RACVIAC’s mission. He/she also implements the general guideline decisions for the operation of RACVIAC as given by the Multinational Advisory Group (MAG) and informs MAG, through the MAG Chairperson, on all matters of substance.
Ambassador Constantin-Mihail Grigorie is a career diplomat. Since joining the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania he has been gradually promoted to the diplomatic ranks of Second Secretary, First Secretary, Counsellor, Minister Counsellor and Ambassador, holding various positions in the Departments for Policy Planning, Neighbouring Countries and Western and Central Europe.
Between 1992 and 1993 he was Advisor to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and between 1993 and 1995, Director of the Minister’s Office.
Between 1995 and 1999 he was Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania to the Italian Republic, to the Republic of Malta, to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, as well as Permanent Representative of Romania to the World Food Program, Food and Agriculture Organization, International Fund for Agricultural Development.
Between 1999 and 2003 he was Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania to the Republic of Bulgaria.
Between 2003 and 2008 he was Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania to the Republic of Tűrkiye.
Between 2008 and 2014 he was Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania to the Russian Federation.
Since 2016 he served as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania to the Republic of Croatia until his election as Director of RACVIAC.
Ambassador Constantin-Mihail Grigorie is honorary member of the Marmara Foundation, NGO with special consultative status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and of observer to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation.
- Faculty of International Economic Relations of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies;
- University of Leeds (Great Britain);
- Training course in Paris at the Secretariat of UNESCO.
During his career Ambassador Constantin-Mihail Grigorie has been awarded the following decorations:
- Knight of the Order Star of Romania
- Knight of the Order Diplomatic Merit of Romania
- Diploma of Excellence of the Romanian Diplomatic Service
- Patriarchal Cross, awarded by the Patriarch Teoctist of Romania
- Order of the “Saints Emperors Constantine and Helena” awarded by Patriarch Daniel of Romania
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Balkan Range Order First Class of the Republic of Bulgaria
Ambassador Constantin-Mihail Grigorie speaks: English, French, Italian and Spanish.
He is married with Mrs. Mihaela Carmen Grigorie.